Sunday, January 16, 2011

One Classy Cookie

I had every intention of making french macarons with Italian brown sugar buttercream today. Unfortunately I was out of almond meal so no macarons. Le sigh. I was spinning around the kitchen looking for something to bake, when my sister came down the stairs with this in her hands:

I know what you're thinking. BFD it's a Reese's. I know, I know but if you look closely it says 2 8oz cups. Yes sir two giant Reese's.

That's my sister. She's too pretty to be a doctor, but she is. I find it terribly ironic she works in health care and is holding a pound of Reese's. Whatevs.

But what could I do with these half-pound pieces of heaven? Aha! A cookie! A GIANT cookie!
I stumbled upon Martha's recipe for skillet cookie, so I went with that but nixed the chocolate chips.
Start by creaming together 3/4 cup of butter (1.5 sticks) with 1/2 cup of white sugar and 3/4 cup dark brown sugar.


Add two teaspoons of vanilla along with one egg. Stir stir stir!


In a separate bowl combine two cups of flour, one teaspoon baking soda and a half teaspoon of salt. Pour that into the butter/sugar mixture.


Make sure to not stir too much or you'll end up with a giant tough cookie.

Press into a greased pie plate.

Press one of the Reese's cups into the center of the dough and lick your fingers clean.



Don't worry if the Reese's is sticking out because the cookie will rise around it. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.


Hehehe. I honestly baked this because I thought it would be funny, but it's actually quite good.


Reese's Pacman! If you happen to have an oversized Reese's, try this out! I suppose you could make the individual sized ones but what fun is that?
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 giant Reese's

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and butter a pie dish.
2. Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Combine.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture.
4. Press into pie dish and place Reese's in the center.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes. Don't overbake!

I'll leave you with some eye candy for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment